Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This better be damn good, Part Two.

Welcome back. This is part two of my exclusive three-part series, "This better be damn good." You see, here at Dan Rather Reports with Dan Rather, we have a lot of time on our hands to write insightful stories about interesting and relevant topics. Today, I've chosen to tell you something I've learned while living in New York City. While this is neither insightful nor interesting, and probably far from relevant, you may still consider it Useful Nonsense.


-Second is Japanese food. I now know why Japanese people live so long and are so friendly: their food is utterly delicious! There's a Japanese bookstore right down the street from my office, and there happens to be a quaint little cafe on the second floor. It's rarely busy right before lunchtime (which is an oddity for New York City) and my favorite meal is always in-stock. I prefer the "chicken bento," or "bento box" to New Yorkers, but I plan on expanding my international cuisine horizons in the near future. Plus, I've become quite handy at using chopsticks. That's something I've always aspired to become proficient at. I won't mention the name of the bookstore because, frankly, I'm a little afraid of the Japanese mafia. Think of Kill Bill, only with more little Japanese men running around with katanas. But if you've never tried Japanese food before I highly recommend you find some. And eat it. You will be happier and will live longer. Maybe.

Check back tomorrow for part three of, "This better be damn good." I promise, I've saved the best for last!

Crump out. Oh, and Dan Rather. Thanks!

No comments: